We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”)
We have the utmost respect for the privacy of our online customers. Any information you provide us with will be securely protected and managed in line with the Act.
You can access and browse our website without having to disclose any personal data.
Personal Information Collected
If you buy from us, we will require information such as your first name, surname, email address, phone number, delivery address and billing address. This information is required in order for us to process your order efficiently.
This site uses internet cookies. These are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer to improve the speed at which it can access pages of our website, thereby giving you a better browsing experience. These cookies do not record or store any personal details and are harmless to your computer. Should you not wish to store cookies on your computer from our website or any other, it is possible to change the settings on your web browser to prevent cookies from being stored. Please note that disabling cookies may reduce the performance of our website on your computer.
Your Right To Know
We respect your right to know about the information we hold about you. If, at any point, you wish to see the information held by Dege & Skinner against your account, you may write to us at: Dege & Skinner, 10 Savile Row, London, W1S 3PF, UK.
If you have purchased from the site or opted in to receive information on company news, our products and promotions, but would now like us to stop sending you this information please either:
- Click the unsubscribe link on the latest (non order administration) e-mail received from us to stop our adjust the level of contact we have with you,
- Contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at the address provided above. Please be sure to provide your name and address when requesting the removal of your data from our database, so that we can check that it is in fact you who is making the request.
Any Further Queries?
Secure Storage & Use of Data
Your information will be held by J Dege & Sons Limited, under the trading name of Dege & Skinner.
When making a purchase or signing up for news, we rely on you to register any information about yourself accurately. If you set up an account online with us and your details change, you will need to keep this information up-to-date by logging into your account and editing your personal details. Your account will be password protected by a password generated by you at the point of set up. Please note that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your own password and account, as well as any activities that occur under that account.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfil/deliver orders placed by you,
- to process payment for your goods on despatch,
- to obtain credit authorisation from your card issuer,
- to contact you with any queries about your order,
- to despatch administration e-mails to you regarding your order,
- to analyse product preferences, to help improve the offer on our site,
- to contact you with relevant information about us, our product and our services.
We will not keep a permanent record of your credit card details. These details will need to be stored initially in order that we might process your order, take payment on despatch and provide refunds should you wish to return and refund any items. The card details you provide us with during the checkout process will be taken and stored securely on the secure payment gateway, Worldpay. Once your transaction and any required refunds are completed, all card data will be securely erased.
If you link to another website from ours, we won’t give them your details. It will be at your discretion to provide your details to that website. You use these links at your own risk. Dege & Skinner does not accept responsibility for the content held on those sites.
In the event of the police or a government authority requesting information from us during the course of an investigation into suspected illegal activities, we are obliged to provide data to them.